Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Dreadful Case of Wanderlust

  I want to adventure. I don't just want it, actually. I crave it, I desire it, and for the sake of my sanity, I need it. In a world like this, no human on earth has the right to be "bored". I want to travel the beautiful world and experience everything it has to offer. I want to do crazy things with amazing people. 
   This world contains so much, why would it even be logical to follow a mold, to stay in one place and do one average thing you're "supposed" to do? I don't want normal, boring, average, or "supposed to".
   But how do I get out there? How do I travel and adventure and meet amazing people? I want to experience and do things to where I could tell my stories a million times before anyone believed them. I don't want to just "get through" life, I want to live it. I don't want to get to the end of it and have nothing to say except, “I wish I had...". 
   I know you must “sail away from the safe harbor” to know adventure, but I don't even know if I've made it to the harbor yet. Do we all start at the harbor, and then are we left with the decision to sail or to be safe? 
   I want and desire adventure so much; it seems so beautiful and lovely. But it is also confusing to me. Maybe there are things I must learn before I can adventure...but I thought that's what adventure is about, learning things along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment